[h-e-w] emacs32 and gdb

From: Jeremy Greene
Subject: [h-e-w] emacs32 and gdb
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:27:59 -0500

Hi,

I am using gdb inside emacsw32 (along with mingw, msys). Overall, very cool.

I do have one very annoying behavior that I’ve searched high and low on that I can’t find out how to change:

When I break into gdb and execute any gdb command, such as set breakpoint, print etc., the emacs buffer showing the source always moves back to the “PC” of the executing program. So, if I’ve found a location far, far away, in some remote file, set a breakpoint, zap, back in the original file at the previously executed line.

I’ve looked for variables, but can’t find anything …  any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy