RE: [h-e-w] Speeding up Emacs

From: Fidler,Matt,FORT WORTH,R&D
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Speeding up Emacs
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:56:39 -0600

Ken,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I agree with your assessment.  I have even created a script that runs emacs in a pseudo-daemon mode under windows making this question obsolete once I have started emacs.

However, I am running emacs on a USB drive.  If I change computers regularly, I have to start and stop emacs frequently.  Therefore, a long startup time can be quite a drag. Dumping is supposed to fix that drag so that emacs starts in less than a second.  See:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DumpingEmacs

However, I’m having problems in this arena.  Maybe I’ll have to recompile from source.

Matt.