|Subject:||[h-e-w] Instructions for upgrading GNU Emacs on Windows|
|Date:||Mon, 21 Mar 2011 08:39:04 -0700|
I install Emacs to C:\Program Files\emacs-VERSION. When I upgrade to a new version, I have to make some changes to correct paths that include the previous version. Would you please include instructions in the FAQ for how to upgrade? Or is it better to install Emacs in a version-invariant directory?
Here are the steps that I performed in upgrading from 23.2 to 23.3:
* Change the Emacs version number in the ALTERNATE_EDITOR system environment variable.
* Change the Emacs version number in the PATH user environment variable.
* Run C:\Program Files\emacs-VERSION\bin\addpm.exe.
* Change the "Start in" directory my My Documents folder.
* Use regedit to delete "My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\emacsclientw.exe".
Thanks for providing GNU Emacs for Windows,
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|