[h-e-w] libxml support in Windows builds?

From: Conor Beverland
Subject: [h-e-w] libxml support in Windows builds?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:38:55 -0700

Hi,

I'm just trying out Gnus for the first time and am using the most recent
Emacs24 Windows build (emacs-20110919).

I wanted to use shr to view HTML email and it turns out it requires a
function called libxml-parse-html-region which does not seem to be
present in this build.

I saw a message on this list `Re: Compiling Emacs from Bazaar with full
image support (and libxml2)" where it was said that libxml support would
be included in the Windows build soon. Is it still a work in progress?

In the meantime could anyone suggest the best way to view HTML messages
in Gnus on Windows currently? I believe that some of the other options
such as w3m are a bit fiddly to get working on Windows also..

Thanks,
Conor