Re: [h-e-w] Emacs daemon and emacsclientw configuration

From: Rob Davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs daemon and emacsclientw configuration
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 21:12:55 +0000

Good points, Eli, as always.   For me, who's used Emacs on Windows for 21
years, it wasn't that hard to follow (I know - I know - that's not the point)
but it was interesting to see the --daemon mode work.  Last I tried that years
ago it didn't.

And I would also think that Wiki's are not only for making life easier for
newbies (which it definitely is) but also for collecting shared knowledge for
the more experienced users as well.   That said - that page could probably
stand to be marked "for experienced users" or "not for newbies".

And I suppose if people are using the Wiki over the official documentation,
that indicates a problem with the official documentation somehow, doesn't it?
Either people are conditioned to look at a wiki first, or dislike or find the
official documentation hard to comprehend or find what they need.   All those
issues could be addressed by improving the documentation - and/or advertising
the official documentation pages in the wiki.   Perhaps make adding links to
the official documentation inside the emacswiki pages?   So when people go to
the wiki and see a page, they also see the link to the official documentation.

Rob