filenames in #line directives

From: John W. Millaway
Subject: filenames in #line directives
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:21:22 -0700 (PDT)

--- Kohsuke Kawaguchi <address@hidden> wrote:
> [ ... ]
> > They are distributed as part of the cygwin package.
> > http://sourceware.cygnus.com/
>
> Thanks. The problem using Cygwin version is they emit #line directives
> in Unix-style file names, which makes it awkward to compile them with
> Visual C++.

Can you provide an example filename that confuses VC++?

The reason I ask is because I thought VC++ could handle "/" characters in
filenames. Several years ago, before the days of cygwin, I worked on a VC++
project that required a flex scanner. I generated the scanner on a Solaris x86
box, then copied the scanner to the local VC++ project directory. I did this
countless times and I never once had problems with the #line directives.
(Although, I did have to create an empty file, named, "unistd.h", on the
winblows box just to make the scanner happy -- but this bug has been fixed!)

users may be of help.  If you think of any other flex problems, please send
them to this list.