feature: customize end of buffer

From: Andlauer, Steven
Subject: feature: customize end of buffer
Date: 15 Jul 2003 21:35:33 +0200

hello there,

I am trying to write a shell app, and just evaluated flex to use it as
the command parser (the way nslookup does)

unfortunately there's no way i can have flex evaluate the input before a
'\n' char is typed.

Thus, command or filename completion can not be implemented using flex :
asking users to type TAB and then ENTER to have their filenames
completed would be ridiculous.

Knowing this is not the main feature of flex, and that there may well be
a way to achieve this goal -even if i could not find it- i think it
would be great to have this feature. It would make flex a powerful
support to write fully functionnal shell commands parsers.

disregard if this feature already exists, but then be kind to tell me
how it can be done.

regards,

 vv    vv       Steven Andlauer
 ||     | /