help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] option sets?

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] option sets?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:49:04 +0200

Phil Edwards wrote:
Hello.  I've been using 2.5 for a little while, and something I find
myself doing over and over is checking for mutually-exclusive options.
An easy example would be the tar(1) program checking its c/r/t/u/x options:
one and only one must be given.

Would it be feasible to extend gengetopt to do this checking?  If options
were listed as part of an "option set" then only one of them could/must
appear; multiple options from the set would be an error.  By default
the option "could" appear, the existing 'required' tag would be used for
"must appear" options.

Hi

I don't remember whether I had already informed you about that: gengetopt is now able to do what you required.

cheers
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730           |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |