help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Hidden command line switches

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Hidden command line switches
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 17:37:47 +0200

Today I've also committed the implementation of "dependon" :-)

again feedback is welcome

cheers
        Lorenzo

Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
Thomas Boehne wrote:

Hello list,
I am currently writing an application that has to support some options
which must not show up on --help. It would be nice to have a flag for
each option that specifies that the option should not show up on
--help.

I've committed in the CVS repository the implementation of "hidden" (and option specifications can be given in any order).

I look forward to hearing feedbacks :-)

just few CVS instruction reminder:

This project's CVS repository can be checked out through anonymous (pserver) CVS with the following instruction set. When prompted for a password for anoncvs, simply press the Enter key.

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gengetopt login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gengetopt co gengetopt

Further instructions can be found at the address: http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gengetopt .

Please notice that this way you will get the latest development sources of Gengetopt, which may also be unstable. This solution is the best if you intend to correct/extend this program: you should send me patches against the latest cvs repository sources.

If, on the contrary, you want to get the sources of a given release, through cvs, say, e.g., version X.Y.Z, you must specify the tag rel_X_Y_Z when you run the cvs command or the cvs update command.

When you compile the sources that you get through the cvs repository, before running the configure and make commands, you should, at least the first time, run the command:

     sh reconf

This will run the autotools commands in the correct order, and also copy possibly missing files. You should have installed recent versions of automake and autoconf in order for this to succeed. You will also need flex and bison.

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |