help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] Ambiguity elimination by using both command line option

From: Yegor Yefremov
Subject: [help-gengetopt] Ambiguity elimination by using both command line options and configuration file
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:03:06 +0200

Dear list,

I have following situation:
I have both command line parameters and configuration file and I want
prevent defining the same option in both command line and configuration
file. At first I parse the command line options to obtain the configfile
file name and then I parse the configfile. When I define the option in
both I don't get any error. The program can check if I defined two
options in the same command line but it can't check it if I defined them
both in command line and configuration file due to the fact, that only
local_args_info will be checked. I think it is important issue to reduce
debugging overhead when operating with both command line and
configuration file.

Best regards,
Yegor Yefremov