help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] options with values and enum type

From: J. David Bryan
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] options with values and enum type
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:35:39 -0400

On 26 Oct 2007 at 18:51, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:

> I hope to get some feedback soon

I've tested 2.22b with the programs that prompted my initial request for
enhancements:

 1. Auto-generation of "--help" now works even if I specify a "-h" option.

 2. Suppressing the error message from getopt_long works.  The new
    parameter default initializer works too.

 3. Specifying "values" with "enum" and "int" types works.  I didn't test
    the other types.

Thanks for these!

There is one small issue.  If I have a .ggo file that does not contain any
option statements, compiling the generated parser gives this warning from
gcc: 'update_arg' defined but not used.  It would be nicer if this function
was not emitted in this case.

(Why would I want a .ggo file that has no option statements?  Because I
want the parser to handle "--help" and "--version" automatically, and the
program either uses no other options, or the other options are handled
explicitly by the program and not by the parser.)

Otherwise, all looks very good.

                                      -- Dave