help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] Feature request: write_into_file prints *_arg, too

From: Papp Gyozo (VBuster)
Subject: [help-gengetopt] Feature request: write_into_file prints *_arg, too
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:15:52 +0100

Hi,

I think it vould be very handsome for diagnosting purposes, if not only can the
options' _orig field be printed/dumped by the parser but their
translated/interpreted _arg fields as well, probably as a comment:

  option = "ele" # element

The point here is that application may alter the user-supplied arguments, thus
when dumping the actual config it may worth knowing what the application really
thinks abou the options' actual value.

What do you think about it? I'll probably come up with a patch if I find how to
do it ;)

--
Papp, Gyozo
Virusbuster Kft