help-gengetopt

Re: groupdefault (Re: [help-gengetopt] mutually exclusive group of optio

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: groupdefault (Re: [help-gengetopt] mutually exclusive group of options)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:29:40 +0100

Gyozo Papp wrote:
Hi

On 16/11/2007, Lorenzo Bettini <address@hidden> wrote:
I've commited into the CVS a primordial implementation of mutually
exclusive groups, which I called "modes" (since it kind of represents

what do you think?

What do I think? You're awesome, guy! Thanks a lot. I'll give it try
Monday. This will be the first I'll do it.

thanks, you're too kind!  I hope also the implementation will be awesome ;-)

well, the long train trip from Florence to Turin takes more than 5 hours (usually twice a week), and this gives me some more time to work on my GNU programs :-)

tomorrow morning (monday), I'll take the train again, so I hope I'll be able to extend the modes implementation (e.g., for the moment, modes are not printed in the help output, and there are some other small issues to fix); hopefully, after lunch I'll commit these changes to the CVS

I'm not still sure this is the correct name, so, please, if you have
suggestions, they're more than welcome :-)

I think it is good name, good enough to start with ;) Actually I
called sets (I think) in lack of enough imagination and any better
idea but 'mode' sounds good.

great! :-)

set is the correct formal name actually, but I needed something closer to the semantic of that... I had also thought about "partition", but again, I think "mode" is easier to understand...

hope to hear from you soon
I was quick enough, wasn't? ;)

you were, as usual! :-)

cheers
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)