help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] cvs gift requires libdl

From: Pruet Boonma
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] cvs gift requires libdl
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:34:28 +1100

Hi,

Sorry, it doesn't work. I found this error from configure

checking if we can embed a Perl interpreter into GIFT... /usr/bin/ld:
cannot find -lperl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
./configure: -ldl: command not found
no

Anyway, from your clue, I check the Debian package and found that we
(Debian user) need to install libperl-dev package, which is a optional.
This package is required for perl embeded development, it provides two header
files and a static library required by GIFT. So I thought that this problem is
solved ?

Thanks for your help,
Pruet