help-gift

[help-GIFT] compiling gift with Suse 8.2

From: Henning Müller
Subject: [help-GIFT] compiling gift with Suse 8.2
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:06:09 +0200

Hi,

I just tried compiling gift with Suse 8.2 and I had a few problems before it worked properly.

Several times errors occured saying that assert is not defined (merge2sort.h, CInvertedFileChunk.cc, ...). This can be solved by adding include"assert.h" into the files. I also got an error message with respect to the long strings that are used in the mySQL accesses. They are several lines long and the compiler said that the the strings are unterminated. I commented them out as I do not use mySQL access but there should be a more proper way.
Is the new compiler really that more sensible?

Cheers, Henning

--
Dr. Henning Müller