help-global

Re: Using global with different directories

From: Shigio Yamaguchi
Subject: Re: Using global with different directories
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 02:38:00 +0900

> I have the following state :
>
> /usr/local/XXX/ : no write access, some code (in fact only .h files)
>
> /home/gilles/YYY/ : read/write access, .cc & .h files.
>
> I want to use global to search in both directories, of course.
>
> I see in the infos pages the GTAGSROOT, GTAGSDBPATH and GTAGSLIBPATH
> variables, but can't figure out how to mix them together to make it works.

How about doing like this?

% cd /home/gilles/YYY
% cp -r /usr/local/XXX .
% gtags

If you want not to have a copy of /usr/local/XXX then you can make
a shadow tree of it using symbolic link.

To do it, following tools are available:

o lndir in X project.
o mkshadow in GNU sh-tool.
o mkshadow in pathconvert package (http://www.tamacom.com/pathconvert/)
--
Shigio Yamaguchi - Tama Communications Corporation
Mail: address@hidden, (Spare mail: address@hidden)