help-global

Re: htags stops with "cannot fork"

From: Shigio Yamaguchi
Subject: Re: htags stops with "cannot fork"
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:18:58 +0900

> I noticed that Debian has quite an old version of global. So I installed
> version 4.6.1 from source. I get an identical error, after processing
> perhaps another 30 files (still in the sparc64 subtree, which is to say,
> not very far into the job at all.)
>
> I'm about to try with a 4Gb machine instead of a 2Gb machine.

You mean 4Gb as the size of real memory? I think it is unrelated.
In question is a size of the virtual memory.

If your perl is an older version, you had better replace it with 5.6 or the
later. There are some old versions which leak virtual memory.

I think you should surveil the consumption condition of the system resource
while executing htags. If the insufficient one is ascertained, the problem
will be solved, I think.
--
Shigio Yamaguchi <address@hidden> - Tama Communications Corporation
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3