help-global

Re: Can htags create permanent addresses?

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: Can htags create permanent addresses?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 00:58:40 +0900

Hi,
> Let's say I have some file, "somefile.c", in my project.
>
> htags, at some point, creates the following HTML file for it:
>
>   HTML/S/793.html
>
> But then I modify the project and the file name changes to:
>
>   HTML/S/849.html

Did you invoke gtags + htags like this?

$ gtags
$ htags

In this case, gtags(1) assigns file's number again.
How about using incremental updating?

(after updating project)
$ gtags -i      # incremental updating
$ htags

In this case, existing file names are not changed.

Regards,
Shigio
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden>
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3