help-global

Re: gtags doesn't index function definitions preceded by a macro resembl

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: gtags doesn't index function definitions preceded by a macro resembling a function call
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 07:15:15 +0900

Hello,
> Is there a way to maybe ignore the FUNC macro or maybe
> expanding the macro before searching for tags or some
> similar methods?

Would you please make '.notfunction' file in the project
root directory? Gtags does not regard the symbols listed
there as definitions.

[.notfunction]
+-------------------
|FUNC
+-------------------

$ vi .notfunction
$ gtags

Since this is not written in the online manual,
I am going to add a description about it.

Regards,
Shigio

Hello,

I'm using gtags 6.5.4 for a C project. Some of the function names are in the following format:
FUNC(void, MY_CODE) My_Function(void) {
}

where FUNC is a macro defined as
#define FUNC(rettype, memclass) rettype

The global command doesn't find My_Function but only a lot of FUNCs.
So gtags is seeing FUNC as a function name and adds that to the list of tags and not My_Function.
Is there a way to maybe ignore the FUNC macro or maybe expanding the macro before searching for tags or some similar methods?

Mihai