[Help-glpk] Two capabilities questions

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: [Help-glpk] Two capabilities questions
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:20:14 +1100

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions about GLPK which I couldn't find the answers
to from my brief persual of the documentation.

1) Can GLPK solve problems where the solution vector has bounded but
   negative coefficients? The problem I am interested in solving has
   coefficients in the range [-1.0, 1.0]. (I am aware that I can fiddle
   the problem to require coefficients >= 0 but this further complicates
   matters).

2) Is is possible to feed a known but sub-optimal initial feasible
   solution into GLPK and have it optimise that? The problem I am
   working on has very tight constraints and many LP solvers have
   trouble finding an initial feasible solution.

3) Following on from 2), what about an initial solution which is close
   to being in the feasible set but isn't.

If either of these possibilities are not possible with GLPK but are
being looked at for future versions I would be interested in knowing
that as well.

Thanks in advance,
Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  address@hidden (Yes it's valid)
"The Internet interprets censorship as damage, and routes around it."
- John Gilmore, EFF co-founder