[Help-glpk] help needed to make glpk thread-safe

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] help needed to make glpk thread-safe
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 02:04:05 +0400

In order to eventually make glpk thread-safe I need a help of someone
who has skills in system programming (Linux, Win32, Cygwin).

In glpk there are two routines: lib_set_ptr and lib_get_ptr (please see
them in the file 'glplib1.c', glpk 3.2.1). lib_set_ptr stores a pointer,
and lib_get_ptr retrieves this pointer.

The problem is to make these two routines re-entrant. In the current
implementation the pointer is stored in a static variable, however, in
a thread-safe version it must be stored in a thread local storage.

If there is someone who would like to help, please contact me.

Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>