[Help-glpk] Re: Display precision in solution files

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: Display precision in solution files
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:08:04 +0400

>I tend to use glpsol instead of using the C API. Therefore, I read
>the values returned by glpsol through the '-o' option, and recently
>observed that many of my constraints were violated by the returned
>solution. The problem turned out to be the precision (or lack of
>thererof) of the values printed by lpx_mip_print.
>This function uses the "%13.6g" format for printing.
>
>Could it be possible to get a better precision through glpsol (like
>"%22.15g") ?
>(See attached patch)

The output produced by glpsol via '-o' is mainly intended for visual
analysis. I think it's better to provide a more convenient format for
that purpose (i.e. for processing solution by computer program).
For example, glpk has api routine to write solution in mps format,
and I could include it in glpsol (although mps format is not a good
choice :+). Have you got any idea?

Andrew Makhorin