Re: [Help-glpk] problem with mps output file

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] problem with mps output file
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:22:47 +0400

> I wish to export my problem in a mps file using symbolic names for each
> row / col.
>
> I've set a name for each of them (with lpx_set_col/row_name() )
> I've set the flag LPX_K_MPSORIG to 1
>
> But when I read the contents of the file generated by mps_write_mps it
> doesn't use the symbolic names but C00xxxx and R00xxxxx.
>
> Does someone have a solution to fix it ? Am i alone to have this problem ?

The reason might be that row and column names you assigned are longer
than 8 chars, in which case lpx_write_mps generates dummy names like
RXXXXXXX and CXXXXXXX. If so, use lpx_write_freemps instead. It is
similar to lpx_write_mps, however, it writes the problem data in free
mps format which allows names of arbitrary length.