Re: [Help-glpk] solve, add rows, resolve

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] solve, add rows, resolve
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:32:45 +0400

> Note that the case (b) should happen in re-optimization. Indeed, if

There is a typo; must read "... the case (b) cannot happen ...".

I'd like to add that if the current basis is invalid and therefore
lpx_simplex cannot start the search, it is always possible to build
either the standard initial basis (lpx_std_basis) or an advanced
initial basis (lpx_adv_basis, lpx_std_basis) and call lpx_simplex
once again. This, however, is not a good idea if we wish to
reoptimize the lp instance.

Andrew Makhorin