Re: [Help-glpk] reading in GMPL file questions

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] reading in GMPL file questions
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:54:09 +0400

> Where is lpx_create_index documented?  I am using refman V4.8 and it
>  is not included?  Is there a source code file that implements it and
>  has details of the interface?

In glpk 4.10 there are four api routines (not documented yet):

void lpx_create_index(LPX *lp) creates an index to find rows and
columns by symbolic names for logarithmic time. This routine can be
called at any time before using routines lpx_find_row and
lpx_find_col.

int lpx_find_row(LPX *lp, char *name) returns the ordinal number
of a row which is assigned a specified symbolic name (through the
routine lpx_set_row_name). If no such row exists, 0 is returned.

int lpx_find_col(LPX *lp, char *name) does the same for a column.

lpx_delete_index(LPX *lp) destroys the index. It can be called at
any time, if necessary.