[Help-glpk] Different results for the same problem

From: gaurav khanna
Subject: [Help-glpk] Different results for the same problem
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 03:39:46 +0300

Hi all,

I have a 0-1 MIP formulation of a scheduling problem. I employ the GLPK
C API to represent my problem and use two function calls in the end to
generate two input files in the CPLEX LP and fixed MPS format respectively
for the same problem.

The calls I use are :

 lpx_write_mps(lp,"test.mps");
  and
 lpx_write_cpxlp(lp,"test.lpt");

I run them using the following commands.

./glpsol --intopt --mps test.mps -o out2

and

./glpsol --intopt --cpxlp test.lpt -o out1

Even though they represent the same problem, but I seem to be giving
different results in the two cases. The file test.lpt seems to be give the
correct value of the objective function=3 while test.mps gives an
objective function value of zero.

I have attached the two files. Could you help me out with this problem?

Regards
Gaurav

Gaurav Khanna
Phd Student