[Help-glpk] Re: GLPK matlab

From: Girish Rao
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: GLPK matlab
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:11:46 -0500

Hello all,

I am trying to install GLPK on Linux.
I unzip and untar everything into the glpk-4.9 folder. Within this folder, I call the ./configure command which works fine.  I do not have admin access on this machine, so I just want to install in my local directory. I do this by running

<make prefix=/home/myaccount/glpk-4.9 install>

At this point I get an error, saying all include/*.h files already exist, and the bin and lib folders are Not created and the libglpk.a file is Not created. I then try running this install in the directory Above glpk-4.9/ and bin and lib and libglpk.a are created in this parent directory, but this doesn't seem right, having to separate the install folders from glpk-4.9/ . Furthermore, mex doesn't seem to recognize the required files. After talking to Nicolo I'm pretty sure I have the GLPKmex package set up right.

In which directory exactly should I be running <make prefix=???? install>? I dont have access to /usr/local/bin etc.

Best,
Girish