Re: [Help-glpk] OPB to GLPK

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] OPB to GLPK
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:42:33 +0400

> I have a linear problem in opb-format (Psuedo Boolean, see e.g. the
> end of http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/units/ag2/software/opbdp/README).
>
> Does anyone know of a tool that converts this into something that
> GLPK can read? I'd like to obtain lower bounds for my problems.
>
> The reason that I do not regenerate code myself is that the variable
> name declarations is a hassle and OPB saves you from this... Also,
> it may reduce the risk of introducing bugs.

There are some implementations of a simple parser (in C, C++, Java);
see Section "Input Format" in:
http://www.cril.univ-artois.fr/PB05/solver_req.html

> If I do not find anything and end up writing my own, would someone
> else be interested in it?

OBP format looks to be widely used, so probably some people working
in that area would be interested in it.

If you are going to write an OPB reader/writer for glpk, I could help
you.

Please see a stricter description of the OPB format (unlike Barth's
version) in the following paper (Section "Input format"):

V.M. Manquinho and O. Roussel, "The First Evaluation of Pseudo-
Boolean Solvers (PB'05)", J. on Sat., vol.2 (2006), pp.103-43.

It can be downloaded either from CiteSeer or from the following url:
http://jsat.ewi.tudelft.nl/content/volume2/JSAT2_5_Manquinho.pdf

Andrew Makhorin