[Help-glpk] Compare two matrices

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Help-glpk] Compare two matrices
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:22:15 -0400

Hello all,

I have the following problem: I have a parameter A with (3 indices) and a
decision variable X also with 3 indices (same matrix form). The idea is as
follows: Parameter A is the old matrix, X is the new matrix. Now I need to
be sure that at most 10 changes are made. So I would like to have at most
10 different X[a,b,c] to A[a,b,c] for all a,b,c.

Now I was used to programs that could work with absolute values
(SUM[a,b,c]: abs(A[a,b,c]-X[a,b,c]) <= 10), however GLPK is not able to
work with absolute values of decision variables.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

I tried introducing a Dummy: D[a,b,c] = 1 for A[a,b,c]<=X[a,b,c], 0 else
but that didn't work out....

Hope someone can help me out!

Regards,

Timo