[Help-glpk] Piecewise linear objective functions

From: Prof. Hartwig Baumgaertel
Subject: [Help-glpk] Piecewise linear objective functions
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 13:15:55 +0400

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible with GLPK to solve problems with
piecewise linear objective function.

I currently work on a model for supply chain planning which uses a term
in the objective funktion with is equal to zero as long as the value
of a decision variable is greater than a given constant value,
and wich is equal to the product of a cost constant and the difference
of the constant and the decision variable.

I use ILOG OPL Studio for developing the model and CPLEX for solving it.

Recently I got the hint to look for GLPK, so I made it running on my PC
and ported the model. Everything is fine except the piecewise objective
term.

(In ILOG OPL I modeled it with a function within the objective function:

maximize sum(...) ... + cost * maxl(0, constant - Variable);  )

BTW: is there any GUI for GLPK which has similar functionality like OPL
Studio
for CPLEX?

----
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hartwig Baumgärtel
Hochschule Ulm - University of applied sciences
Institut für Betriebsorganisation und Logistik
Prittwitzstrasse 10
89075 Ulm
Germany
e-mail: address@hidden