Re: [Help-glpk] MySQL Support for GLPK 4.23

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] MySQL Support for GLPK 4.23
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 04:09:35 +0100

Hi Andrew,

I have analyzed what AMPL does with table statements (see below).

All my needs concerning database connectivity could be fulfilled by table
statements in the AMPL syntax.

Guess it will take 80 h to implement.

I will give it a try.

Best regards

Xypron

If a table is defined as OUT, the existing table is dropped and a new table
created.

If a table is defined as INOUT, missing columns and rows (defined by the key
columns) are added.

The following example (working in AMPL) shows how new results can be added to a
table in each calculation run.

set SIMOLD;
set SIMV := setof{ j in SIMOLD }(j + 1);

table simvers IN "ODBC" "TABLES/diet.mdb"
   "SQL=SELECT max(SimV) AS A FROM results" :
   SIMOLD <- [A];

table res INOUT "ODBC" "TABLES/diet.mdb" "results":
   {n in SIMV, j in FOOD : j in { 'PORK', 'BEEF' } } ->
   [n ~ SimV, j ~ FOOD],
   Buy[j] ~ Buy OUT, Buy.rc[j] ~ BuyRC OUT,
   Buy[j]/f_max[j] ~ BuyFrac OUT;

read table simvers;
solve;
write table res;