Re: [Help-glpk] Problem size limit?

From: orlan
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Problem size limit?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:04:27 -0500

  Thanks for the response on the size limits, and for the example MOD file as
well.  I'm going to dig into your MOD file, Nigel, and see if I can glean any
tricks for my own task.

  My LP problem is one with approximately 400K columns and 400K rows--of which,
the matrix data is almost completely sparse.  Based upon your information
Andrew, this is well within the limits of GLPK (assuming adequate hardware is
available).  The concept of having to setup this many columns and rows,
including bounds, etc. is not particularly exciting, however.  Is there an easy
way to load these column/row definitions without a model file?  Something like
the matrix load function might be useful if I could load it directly without a
parse.

Thank you,
Orlan Franks