Re: [Help-glpk] Revised Simplex using BLAS and LAPACK

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Revised Simplex using BLAS and LAPACK
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:45:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Yoann Katchourine wrote:

> Hello,I'm working for compute the revised simplex algorithm using BLAS and
> LAPACK.

IIRC BLAS and LAPACK don't do sparse.
One of the advantages of the revised simplex algorithm
is the ability to take advantage of sparseness.

> I was thinking than maybe, it's easier to fork you're simplex algorithm in
> order to use it using BLAS and LAPACK.

> You are working on matrix with lots of zero, and i think the easiest way with
> BLAS and LAPACK is to use full matrix (into a classic array).

With a classic array at least one dimension
will have to have a compiled-in upper bound.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)