Re: [Help-glpk] Using lpx_integer for more than 200 variables

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Using lpx_integer for more than 200 variables
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:20:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, RC Loh wrote:

> According to page 62 of the "GUN Linear Programming Kit Reference Manual
> Version 4.19", it stated that "Most probably this solver can be used for
> solving MIP problems with one or two hundreds of integer variables." Did
> anyone attempt to execute lpx_integer with more than 200 hundreds of integer
> variables?
My problem deals with about 10,000 integer variables. Any recommendation of
what modification needs to be done in the lpx_integer routine to cater for
10,000 integer variables?

If your problem is a capacitated transhipment problem,
you're in like Flynn.

If it's not and GLPK can't solve it,
look for more constraints or a better formulation.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)