Re: [Help-glpk] Patch for GLPK 4.35 to support SWIG

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Patch for GLPK 4.35 to support SWIG
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 00:07:22 +0300

>> Is it sufficient to enclose the #define's within #if/#endif, or they
>> should be removed at all?

> Just from looking at the file, its not at all clear why they are
> present twice.

Some symbols in glpk.h are values which can be assigned to struct
members, so corresponding define directives (as well as comments)
immediately follow such members for reference purposes (because many
real programmers never read documentation :). Symbols GLP_MSG_... are
duplicated twice, because there specified two different structs having
the same member msg_lev.

>  i've tried doing the "standard" GLPK build with the lines
> removed and encountered no problems whatsoever. So it seems that it is
> sufficient to remove the lines.

Okay. I have made necessary changes in glpk.h.

Andrew Makhorin