Re: [Help-glpk] Updated version of GLPKmex

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Updated version of GLPKmex
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 01:18:45 +0300

Hi Niels,

>     I've updated glpkmex (matlab interface to your glpk) so it conforms
> to your new glpk interface (as of v4.36 (not the network portion
> though)), will now compile on 64bit machines.  I've tested it with v
> 4.35, 4.36, and 4.37 on 32bit windows xp sp3 (included complied to
> v4.37) and 64bit linux (bulinux, a centos variant, also included for
> what it's worth compiled against v4.36).

> I submitted a copy to Nicolo Giorgeni (original author of glpkmex at
> source forge ) several weeks back, but have gotten no reply and given
> he's not updated the project since mid 2007, I suspect he may no longer
> be active or interested in this software.

> In any case, the attached folder contains the updated glpkmex with a
> few compiled versions as indicated above.  Not sure if your thinking of
> including related projects or making them available somehow, but you
> are welcome to it if you want.  I could also send updates as I make
> them if you'd like

Thank you very much for your efforts.

I redirected your message to the help-glpk mailing list with the tarball
attached (however, I removed mex files to reduce the attachment size);
see http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2009-05/index.html .

Unfortunately I cannot include glpkmex in the glpk distribution, because
matlab is proprietary (non-free) software.

Best regards,

Andrew Makhorin