Re: [Help-glpk] Many basic vars = 0, many non-basic are on upper-bound

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Many basic vars = 0, many non-basic are on upper-bound
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:56:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Joey Rios wrote:

My variables are often part of a convex combination, so the sum of some subset
of them needs to be 1.  It seems odd that one of them from this subset would be
basic with a value of zero and another is non-basic with a value of 1.  I'm
trying to understand what algorithmic paths might be taken to get to such a
solution.

It means that only one item has a non-zero weight,
therefore that weight is one.

It would be interesting to see what happened if you
eliminated the explicit upper bounds on your weights.
They should be implied by the other constraints.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.