Re: Re: [Help-glpk] RE: Time Limit Didn't Work On Tournament Model

From: Luiz M. M. Bettoni
Subject: Re: Re: [Help-glpk] RE: Time Limit Didn't Work On Tournament Model
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 11:58:35 -0300

Ali is right, GUSEK enable all cuts by default, see the options in "View > Parameters" menu, field 1.

Please use latest version of GLPK from http://winglpk.sourceforge.net (4.39).
Gusek use the same GLPK version - even it was buid with MingW.
If you wanna try, you can substitute the glpsol.exe binary in GUSEK main
folder by another version / build, it'll work (at least in latest versions).

GUSEK is just a IDE, GLPK is "the solver" =)

Hugs,
Luiz

Anteriormente, em 23-12--28158 16:59, Ali Baharev havia escrito o seguinte:
Another interesting thing is that, using EXACTLY the same parameters, the
compilation of glpsol 4.9 I downloaded from http://winglpk.sourceforge.net/
is unable to get the gap below 4.6% (the optimum is 0%), whereas it seems to
solve fairly easily in the GUSEK 0.2 Windows IDE. This is exactly the
opposite to another problem I have also been working on, in which I used
GUSEK for development only because it took around 5x longer to resolve in
that program.

It is probably because GUSEK uses a more recent version of GLPK than
4.9 and the newer versions implement cut generations.

Try enabling / disabling cut generation, it may lead to significant
differences in the computation time.

Good luck,

Ali