Re: [Help-glpk] Why would fixed constraints lead to infeasibility?

From: Sam Seaver
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Why would fixed constraints lead to infeasibility?
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 01:23:51 +0400

Yes, I can say that the problem is almost infeasible.  I also removed
the column, and applied its constraints directly to the rows involved,
and got the same almost infeasibility for some of these rows.

As it happens, three of these rows are very highly used (this is a
large problem, 7000+ columns, 3000+ rows), and affording the
constraints of the rows some of the same slack means I get an optimal
solution.

I read somewhere that my version of glpk may be too old to deal with
these inflexible constraints, I use 4.29, should I upgrade?

--
Graduate student
Northwestern University

http://amaral.northwestern.edu/people/seaver/