[Help-glpk] glp_ios_heur_sol

From: Anne-Laurence Putz
Subject: [Help-glpk] glp_ios_heur_sol
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:31:18 +0100

Dear support,

I would like to fix all variables of a MILP problem before launching optimization (to help the branch&cut solver with an upper bound, for instance). Those values are taken either from a custom heuristic of my own or from a previously launched MIP optimization.

Anyway, I don?t understand how to do such a thing with GLPK 4.38.

I would like to use glp_ios_heur_sol(), but it doesn?t seem to be the method I?m searching for (I don?t understand what is the ?primal heuristic? that we have to launch before using glp_ios_heur_sol()).

But I don?t know how to do it differently.
You gave an answer on thread Setting initial integer solution in GLPSOL (see http://www.nabble.com/Setting-initial-integer-solution-in-GLPSOL-to21005682.html#a21008418).

If I?ve correctly understood, you said that one have to patch GLPK to do so ? Because there isn?t any parameter in glp_iocp structure indicating that the current solution stored comes from a heuristically found solution.

In fact, I want to call a glp_initial_sol(lpProb* prob, const double values[]) which would fix all the MILP variables with the ?values? array and check for feasibility. Is there any way to do it with GLPK 4.38 ?

Thank you very much.
Best regards,

Anne-Laurence Putz