Re: [Help-glpk] Is GLPK the software that I have been looking for?

From: Erik
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Is GLPK the software that I have been looking for?
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:36:45 +0100

Andrew Makhorin skrev:
> The glpk mip solver is not intended to find all optimal or integer
> feasible solutions. However, once you have found one solution, you may
> add an additional constraint to cut off corresponding point; this
> allows you to find an alternate solution, if it exists.

Good idea! Then the program can for example be used to prove that there
are no more solutions to the example than the one that I gave.

A bit tedious when there are many solutions though. When I read about
logilab-constraint at [http://www.logilab.org/card/eid/3441], I noticed
that the solver was said to provide 64 solutions to the sample problem
described there. Maybe they use a very different kind of solver.