Re: [Help-glpk] linear ordering problem again

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] linear ordering problem again
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 22:00:46 +0300

Yingjie,

> I did a bench mark on my Mac Book, and there is more than 10% time
> saving with glpk + row generation than the well respected special
> method!

Thank you for benchmarking.

I think that the 22-node example is too easy for both glpk and the
b&b code you used. Solving larger instances having 40-50 nodes would be
more interesting. (Playing with lolib I noticed that instances with 0-1
weights are much harder for solving with b&b.)

FYI: The new version of LOLIB is available at:
http://heur.uv.es/optsicom/LOLIB/

Andrew Makhorin