[Help-glpk] Fwd: Re: single glpk distribution for windows

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Fwd: Re: single glpk distribution for windows
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:09:22 +0300

I'm posting a copy of my message (see below) to the help-glpk mailing
list, because it may be interesting for the list subscribers.

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:40:14 +0300
From: Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>

Hi Xypron, Hi Luiz,

Thank you very much for your responses.

I need a bit of time to prepare my more detailed proposals.

Just for illustration of what I mean please see files in my working
project named Noumenon on SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/noumenon/files/

glpk_4_43_src.zip is a complete source distribution, which includes
glpk, zlib, and scite original tarballs as well as necessary scripts
and files to build the binary distribution (msi). However, to build
msi the following tools, which all are free, should be installed on
your machine: MS Visual Studio 10.0, some cygwin tools (sed), and WiX.

glpk_4_43.msi is a standard installation database created by WiX.
You even may try playing with it. To install glpk on your machine just
download the msi file and double-click it. Glpk/SciTE IDE shortcut
will appear in Start/Programs menu. To uninstall either double-click
msi once again, or go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add-or-Remove-
Programs. Since WiX is an official Microsoft tool, the installation/
deinstallation procedure is correct and safe.

Best regards,

Andrew Makhorin