[Help-glpk] Re: XyPron: MS Access & GLPK

From: Xypron
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: XyPron: MS Access & GLPK
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:49:54 +0100

Hello Paul,

you can access an Access database from glpk using ODBC.

An example is in the winglpk package available at
Have a look at doc/tables.pdf and at examples/sql/sudoku_access.mod

When you want to use the glpk library from vba this requires compiling the library for standard calls.
This implies the flag /Gz in the Makefile in directory w32.
Some source files need changes too.

I made the necessary changes in

Please, be aware that 4.27 is an old version of GLPK. 4.43 is the current version.

See the thread at
for details.

I would recommend to use C or Java for programming using the GLPK library. See

Best regards

paul wrote:
This is an enquiry e-mail via from:

hi there,

have seen reference to your name in relation to ms access/vba and using it with
glpk and that you have emailed a database that hooks this all together. since does not seem to active anymore, I was wondering if you
could send me a copy of it too as I can not find it online at all.

thanks in advance.