Re: HA: [Help-glpk] transportation problem

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: HA: [Help-glpk] transportation problem
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 17:21:29 +0400

>> > Would you tell me pls, is it possible to use command "printf" if I
>> > run glpsol.exe with switch --mincost? I use exe-file made by Xypron
>> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/winglpk/ (10x to him).
>>
>> If you mean mathprog model, the answer is no.
>>
>> The --mincost option is like --mps, i.e. it specifies the type of
>> input file (which must be dimacs mincost data file), not the problem
>> class neither solver to be used.
>>

> Advise me pls how can I use glpk to solve minimal cost flow
> problem. Is it possible to do that by means of stand-alone
> application? Can I get calculation results (optimal values of primal
> variables) in this case?

On api level you can use the routine glp_mincost_okalg which solves
the mincost flow problem with the out-of-kilter algorithm, which is
more efficient that the simplex method (for details please see the
reference manual). Glpsol, however, does not support this feature,
i.e. you can write your model, say, in mathprog or in dimacs mincost
flow format, but in any case the simplex method will be used.