Re: [Help-glpk] Portfolio Optimization Example

From: Jeffrey Kantor
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Portfolio Optimization Example
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 19:56:25 -0400

Robbie,

Thanks for the comments.  Yep, this is the sort of thing that had led to a lot of automated trading in the markets.  Joking aside, this type of simple portfolio optimization has actually been around for a long time.  Some would argue the L_1 criterion used here is actually more robust to model assumptions than usual Markowitz model.

Thanks for the edits.  I went back and cleaned up a lot of the presentation, it was loaded with errors both small and large. Hopefully its in reasonably good shape.  I also added some possible extensions if folks want to fiddle around with this example.

Jeff