Re: [Help-glpk] default column bounds

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] default column bounds
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 03:46:54 +0100

> The 4.45 documentation states that a new column call
> 'glp_add_cols' for the i-th column effectively sets:
>   glp_set_col_bnds(lp, i, GLP_FX, 0.0, 0.0);
> If I am not mistaken, that behavior used to be (around
> three years ago) one of non-negativity, namely:
>   glp_set_col_bnds(lp, i, GLP_LO, 0.0, 0.0);

Hello Robbie,

the function specification has not changed in the last 3 years:

glpk-4.24/doc/glpk.pdf released 21st Nov, 2007:

int glp_add_cols(glp_prob *lp, int ncs);
Being added each new column is initially fixed at zero and has empty list of
the constraint coefficients.

Best regards

belohnen Sie mit bis zu 50,- Euro!