RE: [Help-glpk] "Assertion failed: 1 <= p && p <=T->nslotsErrordetected

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] "Assertion failed: 1 <= p && p <=T->nslotsErrordetected in file ..\src\glpios03.c at line 116"
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 22:28:51 +0300

> I have one more minor problem related to this.
>
> Now when I check for GLP_IBINGO in my callback routine and it finds an
> I-F solution, I then need to write out the variable solution values
> calling glp_mip_obj_val() and glp_mip_col_val() using the problem
> pointer but unfortunately it returns 0.0 (zeros) for all variables and
> objective function.
>
> I must be doing something wrong - any suggestions.

This may happen only if the mip preprocessor is enabled (by default it
is disabled), in which case glp_intopt creates an internal problem
object. The solution is not stored to the original problem (i.e. to the
one passed to glp_intopt) until the search has been finished, so in this
case you cannot obtain solution to the original mip within the callback
routine, because that solution is still not recovered by the
postprocessor. If you disable the preprocessor, all must work.