[Help-glpk] [Fwd: GLPSOL just died on me and there was still lots of mem

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: GLPSOL just died on me and there was still lots of memory avaiable]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:58:28 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Italo Maia <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: GLPSOL just died on me and there was still lots of memory
avaiable
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 09:41:29 -0300

Hi. I just ran glpsol for a big problem I have here and it just died
after one hour running and 900MB consumed. There was still 2GB avaiable
for it to use but the process died anyway. Here is part of the log file:

350 rows, 13689 columns, 27840 non-zeros
232 integer variables, none of which are binary
10741 lines were read
GLPK Integer Optimizer, v4.45
350 rows, 13689 columns, 27840 non-zeros
232 integer variables, none of which are binary
Preprocessing...
350 rows, 13688 columns, 27840 non-zeros
232 integer variables, all of which are binary

It was a simplex problem and the command I used was:

glpsol --log output.log -o output.txt --lp AS_FILE.LTX

--
"A arrogância é a arma dos fracos."

===========================
Italo Moreira Campelo Maia
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação - UECE
Desenvolvedor WEB e Desktop (Java, Python, Lua)
Coordenador do Pug-CE
http://www.italomaia.com/
http://twitter.com/italomaia/
http://eusouolobomau.blogspot.com/