Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Get the MIp relative gap at the end of the optimiz

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Get the MIp relative gap at the end of the optimization]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 23:38:42 +0400

> My problem is that I don't succeed in finding the MIP relative gap at the
> end of the first "optimization". The only interesting function that I've
> found is : glp_ios_mip_gap(glp_tree arg) ; but I don't have a clue about
> what is the tree I have to put in argument.

Glp_ios_mip_gap can be called only from the callback routine written by
the user, which, in turn, is called from glp_intopt provided with a
pointer to the search tree object (glp_tree). Note that the search tree
exists only during the search and is destroyed on exit from glp_intopt.

> I'm using glpk 4.45 through a Java environnement (JRE 1.6.0_24).

I don't know details how the callback is implemented in the Java
interface. In C its entry point address is passed to glp_intopt thru the
glp_iocp control parameter block (2nd parameter).